Join us after the SAMM Expo for the pre-race Chicken & Pasta Dinner sponsored by Fuzio Universal Bistro. Dinner will be at 6:00 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at active.com or download a race application and select the dinner option. Tickets are $20 each. Seating is limited.
The Expo is free, and both events are open to the public.
Tuolumne Room at Modesto Center Plaza, 1150 9th St., Modesto, Ca. 95354
Expo Dinner Guest Speaker
This year’s guest speaker will be Bart Yasso.
For those unfamiliar with this running legend, here is a bit about him:
- Chief Running Officer, Rodale’s Runner’s World, 1987-present
- Coaching thousands of marathon runners enrolled in the Runner’s World Challenge.
Awards and Achievements
- Inducted in to the Running USA hall of Champions
- Creator of the “Yasso 800′s” a workout that predicts marathon race pace by running 800 meters 10 times. This technique is extremely popular in Europe and in Italy.
- Author of My Life on the Run
- Run marathons worldwide – from Boston and New York to Antarctica and Mount Kilimanjaro, and at least one on all seven continents. One of the relatively few hardcore ultra-endurance runners to complete the Badwater – at 146-miles running race considered the toughest run in the U.S 1989. Inducted into the Running USA Hall of Champions.
- Completed two solo, unsupported bicycle rides across the U.S. in 20 days, averaging 155 miles per day.
Pre-Race Dinner Menu
Organic Mixed Greens
Organic mixed leaf greens with roma tomato mix, handmade croutons and roasted garlic vinaigrette
Garlic cream sauce, pomodoro and hickory smoked bacon with rigatoni and fresh grated parmesan
Basil Pesto Penne
Our signature fresh herbed pesto, pine nuts, roma tomato, penne pasta and crumbled feta cheese
Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Slow roasted half chicken seasoned with fresh rosemary, garlic, and red onion served with a honey jus
Seasonal local vegetables seasoned with our herbed olive oil and pan roasted
Steamed brussels sprouts pan seared with bacon oil, chopped walnuts, and blue cheese crumbles
Fresh Baked Bread
Photos From The 2013 Expo Dinner